Hearing loss is often a gradual process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Although children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less relevant than your eyesight?
It’s essential to get routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be exposed by everyday situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people what they said? Do I need to turn up the TV volume? Do noisy settings make conversations challenging? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you replied yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing loss, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests give a reference point for future hearing examination comparisons, permitting you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can identify problems early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for fast treatment and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical conditions, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be indicated by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, treating it might help your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Staying alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully participate in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can better your general quality of life.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or a loved one’s voice.
Schedule a hearing test with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.